Monday 11 October 2010

Spermbirds - Common Thread LP (1990)

Photobucket
X-Mist Records XM-022 1990

1: Melt The Ice
2: Open Letter
3: Two Feet
4: Stronger
5: Only A Phase
6: One Chance
7: With A Gun
8: Common Thread
9: Truth Of Today
10: Victim Of Yourself

The second punk band I ever got into and Spermbirds 3rd studio album. I remember doing a tape swap with a German exchange pupil whilst still at school - I taped him Bad Religion 'No Control' and in return I received 'Common Thread' - from then on I became a big Spermbirds fan and so did the rest of the Thirsk punkers. I'll always have a major soft spot for this LP - even though I love the other Spermbirds LPs - this one just seems fuller, heavier - more solid and complete. Lee Hollis' vocals are still pissed-off and angry but musically it's a much more mature and well structured affair than previous releases. 'Only a Phase' is my stand out track on here - the way it builds is class and the individual instrument breakdown towards the end always seems puts a smile on me cheeky face - Yee-hah! Also the cover is great too - can't forget the cover...


Photobucket

Dave Heroes Says: The best German-American band ever who also frequently featured on The Paper Bag Man films...

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/?j4upjesf9ireyvi

No comments:

Post a Comment